Cambodian Tom Yum Hot and Sour soup is an authentic from Thai food. Most of Southeast Asia recipes have similarity. For Thai people call this soup Tom Yum Hot and Sour Soup, it’s bold and perky with a pop of a lot of spicy heat.
|Servings||Prep time||Cooking time||Calories|
- 10 big raw shrimps or prawn
- 1 can of chicken broth (28oz) + 1 cup of water
- 1 can of straw mushroom (you can use fresh mushroom)
- 1 tomato cut to bite size
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (smash with the back of a knife cut into 2 pieces)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves torn to pieces
- 3 Thai bird eye chilies cut to small pieces
- 1 fresh lime juice (add to bowl if needed)
- 2 tablespoon of tom yum paste
- 3 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 3 cloves of garlics or shallots (smash with the back of a knife)
- 3 saw leaves and cilantro for garnish
Direction to Make Cambodian Tom Yum Hot and Sour Soup
- In a medium pot add chicken broth, water, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves,garlic boil on medium heat for 3 minutes to release the aroma of lemongrass and lime leave.
- Then add mushroom, tomato,and chilies, bring it to a boil again
- Add Tom Yum soup paste to the pot
- Add 3 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1/4 cup of evaporated milk to the soup
- Then add shrimp let it boil again until shrimp turn pink
- Now turn the heat off add saw leaves,and cilantro for garnish
- Taste and adjust the soup the way you like it, if need more sour add lime juice.
This soup should be spicy, sour, and salty, saw leaves is importance in this soup it give the real flavor of Tom Yum soup.
Serve with rice
Related Recipe: Stir Fry Cashew Chicken Recipe