Savory curry soup with pork riblets, small green eggplants and purple eggplants , and tiny green eggplants is Khmer country food.
|Servings||Prep time||Cooking time||Calories|
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup of fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb (450 gram) of pork riblets, cut chunks bite sizes
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, or 1 tablespoon of grated fresh turmeric root
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 cups of water
- 5 rounded green eggplants, removed stems and cut in half
- 5 rounded purple eggplants, removed stems and cut in half
- 1/2 lb (225 gram) of tiny green eggplants removed eggplants from stem
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
Direction To Make Curry Pork Riblets
- Pre-heat a soup pot, add oil, garlic, lemon grass, onion and tomato, stirs well.
- Add pork riblets, curry powder, turmeric powder, fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper, stirs well.
- Add coconut milk, water, all eggplants and kaffir lime leaves, stirs and cook in low temperature till pork riblets tender.
Serve hot with rice .
Related Recipe: Bean Thread Noodles Soup with Pork