Let’s start to cook Fish Ball with Pineapple with me. Asian ancient fruit pineapple also known as thousand eyes fruit. Pineapple taste great either fresh or cooked. During the Khmer Empire, the King offered pineapple to diplomats from other countries, symbolized for friendship and harmony. Today, many people decorated their homes with pineapple for good luck. In Vietnam, beside banana, pineapple is one of the most popular fruits that we uses for food offering during religious ceremonies.
|Servings||Prep time||Cooking time||Calories|
- 1/2 lb (225 gram) of fresh or frozen grounded fish(sale at most Asian markets)
- 2 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut chunks, or 1 large canned of chunks pineapple
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- A handful of chopped cilantro leaves , and rice paddy herb
- 2 chopped hot chili pepper(option)
Direction to Make Fish Ball with Pineapple Soup
- In a large bowl, mix grounded fish with green onion, fish sauce,sugar, black pepper and ½ tablespoon vegetable oil, mix well. Dips hands in water to prevent sticking and rolls grounded fish in to small ball, when done set a side.
- Pre heat a small sauce pan.
- When sauce pan is hot, add oil and garlic, stirs till garlic turns brown, remove toasted garlic from hot oil and set it a side.
- Put pineapple and water in a large pot, cook till water bubbling.
- Add fish ball in to boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- For clear soup stock removes all bubbles.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- Top with cilantro, rice paddy herb, hot chili pepper and roasted garlic.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Khmer Lemony Fish Soup