Shrimp with Yu Choy Soup is delicious Khmer recipe. It is easy to make, all you need Chinese flowering cabbage and shrimp cook together with few ingredients.
|Servings||Prep time||Cooking time||Calories|
- 1/2 lb (225 gram) of shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce ( if use with pickle or fermented fish add only 1 tablespoon fish sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh or frozen lemon grass
- 1 lb (450 gram) of yu choy, cut 3 inches in length,washed, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of pickle fish (pahok) or fermented fish (mam) ( option)
- 2 tablespoons of roasted rice powder
Direction to Make Shrimp with Yu Choy Soup
- In a small bowl, mix shrimp with green onion, sugar, fish sauce and black pepper together, set it a side.
- Put water and lemon grass in a soup pot, cook till water boiling.
- Put yu choy to boiling water, cook till yu choy tender.
- Add marinated shrimp and cook till shrimp turns darker pink color.
- Add *pahok* or *mam* and roasted rice powder. (option)
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: White Asparagus with Crab Meat Soup