This Khmer Tofu Chicken Soup is healthy and delicious. It’s very easy recipe. Tofu known as soybean curd, a soft block of cake made from curdling fresh hot soy milk that original came from China. Tofu very high in protein, iron, calcium and vitamin B. Tofu has no cholesterol, very low in saturate fat and sodium. The two most popular tofu in Kampuchea are: 1. The firm tofu: Use for stir-fry, soup. 2. The soft tofu: for desert.
|Servings||Prep time||Cooking time||Calories|
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 chicken (1 lb or 450 gram) , cut chunks bite sizes
- 2 pieces firm tofu, cut to chunks bite sizes
- 1 lb (450 gram) of Napa cabbage,cut an inch length
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- A dash of black pepper
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
Direction to Make Tofu Chicken Soup
- Put water in a soup pot and cook till water bubbling.
- Add chicken and cook till meat tender.
- Add tofu and cabbage,stirs .
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt, sugar and black pepper.
- Top with green onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Yuchoy with Chicken Soup